Your caloric intake should be more than that of a non-feeding woman on average of 500 kcal, eat 3-4 times a day, if there is no insulin resistance are allowed protein or fatty snacks, such as 3 meals a day + 2 snacks, 4 meals a day +1 snack, ideally 3 meals +1 snack. Over time, things will come back to normal, and you can go to three meals a day, or as needed 3+1 snacks;
What should I emphasize in my diet?
- Don't forget to drink warm drinks. It is not tea for example, compote from dried fruits without sugar, just warm water, chamomile tea, I drank yesterday from sea buckthorn with ginger. You can also make morsels without sugar, in general try to drink warm drinks, at least a liter a day, in addition to drinking water. In total you should drink about 1.5-2 liters of fluid;
- Proper fats: at least 20 grams in the morning at breakfast, add ghee, olive oil, don't forget about turkey, also vegetable fats: olives, avocados, olive oil.
- Good quality protein: at least 4 times a week of by-products, red meat 2 times a week, fish 4 times a week, white meat 3 times a week, eggs 2 per day, with preference given to quails or homemade eggs. Protein at least 1.2 grams of pure protein per 1 kg of weight. If you were anemic during pregnancy, you need even more protein.
- Of cereals give preference to: buckwheat, rice, millet, lentils (a source of vegetable protein by the way) occasionally you can oatmeal, it is the leader in the content of phytic acid, so it is better not to abuse. If you have breakfast cereals, be sure to add butter and protein, such as pate.
- Do not abuse the fruit; it is better to give preference to vegetables. Also, don't forget fermented foods.